Civil Aviation Affairs
The Civil Aviation Affairs (CAA) is responsible for developing and regulating the Kingdom of Bahrain's aviation industry.
To keep pace with the aviation growth, the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications has developed a comprehensive project known as the “Airport Modernization Programme”
The next edition of the Bahrain International Air Show will be held from 14-16 November 2018.
Have a look at the Civil Aviation Projects.
In the News
7 May 2017
MONTHLY WEATHER SUMMARY – APRIL 2017
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications’ Meteorological Directorate reported in their monthly weather summary that the month of April 2017 goes on record as the hottest April ever experienced in Bahrain since 1902.
5 March 2017
Monthly Weather Summary - February 2017
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications’ Meteorological Directorate reported in their monthly weather summary
28 February 2017
Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications Inspects Construction of New Airport Terminal
His Excellency the Minister of Transportation and Telecommunications, Engineer Kamal bin Ahmed Mohammed visited the site
6 February 2017
MONTHLY WEATHER SUMMARY – JANUARY 2017
The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications’ Meteorology Directorate reported in its monthly weather summary that January 2017
15 January 2014
Ministry of Transportation Issues New Executive Regulations for Civil Aviation
The Ministry of Transportation has achieved a milestone with the issuance of its Executive Regulations for the Civil Aviation Law by Ministerial Decree 21 for the Year 2013.
5 April 2013
Civil Aviation Affairs Hosts Fifth Meeting of the Air Transport and Facilitation Committee
The Air Transport and Facilitation Committee of the Gulf Cooperation Council held its fifth meeting which is being hosted by the Ministry of Transportation’s Civil Aviation Affairs
- 7,875Total Aircraft Movement, September 2017
- 718,191Total Passengers, September 2017
- 17,329Total Cargo and Mail, September 2017
- 36,000Daily average ridership, April 2017
- 22,414,514Total Passengers (Feb 2015-Apr 2017)
- 35,838General Cargo, May2017
- 37,520Container Throughput, May 2017
- 83Total Vessels, May 2017
- 99Percent Mobile network coverage
- 57Percent of households passed by fiber-optic broadband network
- 90Percent of businesses passed by fiber-optic broadband network